Stem cells for Erectile Dysfunction
How stem cell to erectile dysfunction
What is erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a condition where a man has difficulty getting or maintaining an erection to engage in sexual intercourse. It is a prevailing health problem that can seriously impact the quality of life for both partners in an intimate relationship.
Erectile dysfunction symptoms might include persistent:
• Trouble getting an erection
• Trouble keeping an erection
• Reduced sexual desire
Male sexual arousal is a complex process that involves the brain, hormones, emotions, nerves, muscles and blood vessels. Erectile dysfunction can result from a problem with any of these. Likewise, stress and mental health concerns can cause or worsen erectile dysfunction.
Sometimes a combination of physical and psychological issues causes erectile dysfunction. For instance, a minor physical condition that slows your sexual response might cause anxiety about maintaining an erection. The resulting anxiety can lead to or worsen erectile dysfunction.
In many cases, erectile dysfunction is caused by something physical. Common causes include:
• Heart disease
• Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
• High cholesterol
• High blood pressure
• Metabolic syndrome — a condition involving increased blood pressure, high insulin levels, body fat around the waist and high cholesterol
• Parkinson’s disease
• Multiple sclerosis
• Certain prescription medications
• Tobacco use
• Alcoholism and other forms of substance abuse
• Sleep disorders
• Treatments for prostate cancer or enlarged prostate
• Surgeries or injuries that affect the pelvic area or spinal cord
The brain plays a key role in triggering the series of physical events that cause an erection, starting with feelings of sexual excitement. A number of things can interfere with sexual feelings and cause or worsen erectile dysfunction. These include:
• Depression, anxiety or other mental health conditions
• Relationship problems due to stress, poor communication or other concerns
As you get older, erections might take longer to develop and might not be as firm. You might need more direct touch to your penis to get and keep an erection.
Various risk factors can contribute to erectile dysfunction, including:
• Medical conditions,particularly diabetes or heart conditions
• Tobacco use,which restricts blood flow to veins and arteries, can — over time — cause chronic health conditions that lead to erectile dysfunction
• Being overweight,especially if you’re obese
• Certain medical treatments,such as prostate surgery or radiation treatment for cancer
• Injuries,particularly if they damage the nerves or arteries that control erections
• Medications,including antidepressants, antihistamines and medications to treat high blood pressure, pain or prostate conditions
• Psychological conditions,such as stress, anxiety or depression
• Drug and alcohol use,especially if you’re a long-term drug user or heavy drinker
Complications resulting from erectile dysfunction can include:
• An unsatisfactory sex life
• Stress or anxiety
• Embarrassment or low self-esteem
• Relationship problems
• The inability to get your partner pregnant
What are stem cells and how do they work for erectile dysfunction?
Stem cells are naturally occurring cells in the body that help to create new cells in existing healthy tissues. They also help repair tissues that are injured or damaged. They are the basis for the specific cell types that make up each organ in the body. Stem cells are distinguished from other cells by a few important characteristics:
• they have the ability to self-renew and they have the ability to divide for a long period of time
• under appropriate conditions, they can differentiate into other specialized cells including heart cells, liver cells, bone cells, cartilage cells, nerve cells and other cells.
Stem Cell Procedure for ED
Stem cells are cells found in every part of the body. These cells function as regenerative and repair cells in our bodies, replacing damaged cells and repairing injured tissues.